Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Know It's Not This

"I don't know what I want to do. But I know it's not this." Julie Jansen's message (which is also the title of her famous book) hit home with me last week. Her motivational speech made a bigger impact on me than I expected it would during last week's management class. Yes, it's true. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. But her point is clear; realize what you DON'T want to do with the rest of your life. And I'm quite sure I don't want to work in business. I know, I know. Why did I choose to be a finance major then? Good question. Of course, it provided a career path that was reliable and potentially lucrative. But it all just doesn't feel right to me: the classes, the job interviews, the companies. I need to choose a career that gives me satisfaction; one that is rewarding. And thanks to Julie, "I know it's not this."

No comments: